Everything is Game: The Next Generation of NBA® 2K21 Now Available Worldwide
NBA 2K21 boasts groundbreaking technological advancements, new modes and exclusive robust features that set the standard for next-gen sports simulations
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201110005196/en/
2K is proud to announce that NBA® 2K21 for next-generation consoles is now available worldwide. Releasing today for Xbox Series X|S and on
“In a year unlike any other, I'm incredibly proud of the team at
The next-gen version of NBA 2K21 features a myriad of exclusive features, modes and advancements that are only available on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S:
- Next-Gen Graphics, Next-Gen Realism - Experience the NBA game with an enhanced level of realism and immersion possible only on next-gen gaming platforms. The dynamic new Rail Cam presentation transports the player to the hardwood floors, providing a full view of the game and highlights the incredible visual fidelity of the players and arena;
- Lightning-Fast Load Times - By utilizing the built-in solid-state drives (SSDs) of the next-gen consoles, NBA 2K21 now features incredibly short load times that get players directly into the action;
- The Arena Comes to Life - Step into a living, breathing arena with the all-new Lower Bowl presentation. Experience the sights and sounds of the arena floor and crowds powered by more than 150 AI characters: on-camera interviews from reporters, interactions between fans, vendors going about their duties and much more;
- Smoother, Tougher, More Precise - Huge next-gen improvements across all aspects of gameplay blur the line between game and reality. Control the arc of your shot or the pace of your size-ups, execute step-back threes with new foot planting technology, twist and turn in mid-air with the new Impact Engine and more. Feel the game's collisions and new energy/fatigue system on the new DualSense™ controller for the PlayStation 5, made possible by its adaptive triggers and haptic feedback features.
Next-Gen Features and Modes:
- Welcome to the City - Leave the Neighborhood; enter the City. A map that is many, many times larger than previous Neighborhoods, a towering Event Center for all basketball activities and multiple districts and factions, the City invites you to live out a much-expanded, more seamless basketball life - possible only on next-gen gaming platforms;
Introducing the W - Greatly expanding on the
WNBAexperience introduced last year, The W is the first-ever WNBA MyPLAYER experience for the NBA 2K franchise. Create your own fully customizable WNBAplayer and take her through a pro career featuring all 12 WNBAteams and the league’s brightest stars. Experience the thrill of competition and go head-to-head in The W Online, featuring intense 3v3 MyPLAYER competition set on a beautiful new court exclusive to the game mode;
Your Own Basketball Journey - Take your MyCAREER destiny into your own hands with all-new player choices and dynamic career paths. Start your budding basketball career in high school, get the full four-year college ball experience in one of 10 authentic US universities or head to the
NBA G League;
League Managementwith MyNBA and MyWNBA - This is your NBA and WNBA, and this is your franchise mode, with an unprecedented amount of control over every aspect of the game. Expand your custom NBA league to 36 teams or reduce it 12, watch and control player growth through the boom/bust system and share your setups and scenarios with the community;
- Industry Leading In-Game Soundtrack - The largest and most definitive collection of music ever assembled in NBA 2K, with more than 350 tracks available to players throughout the life of the game.
“We’re so excited to help usher in the next generation gaming experience on launch day,” added David Ismailer, president at 2K Games. “NBA 2K21 is a true next-gen title, built from the ground up to take full advantage of the revolutionary power of the new consoles. The experience our community will have today, was built with them in mind, and a desire to bring the best, most immersive and realistic experience yet to our fans.”
Featuring New Orleans Pelicans’ forward
The Mamba Forever Edition includes dual-access to NBA 2K21 for next-gen and current-gen versions of the game on either PlayStation or Xbox consoles, providing purchasers with a copy of the standard edition of the game on the other generation within the same console family. Additionally, NBA 2K21 features MyTEAM Cross-Progression and a Shared VC wallet within the same console family (PS4 to PS5, Xbox One to Xbox Series X|S), enabling all MyTEAM Points, Tokens, cards and progress to be shared on both current and next-generation versions of NBA 2K21. The Shared VC Wallet means any earned or purchased VC is accessible across both current and next-generation versions of NBA 2K21 in the same console family. More information is available at the dual-access FAQ: https://nba.2k.com/faq/.
Follow NBA 2K on TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook for the latest NBA 2K21 news.
Online Account (13+) required to access online features. See www.take2games.com/legal and www.take2games.com/privacy for additional details.
*PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S required to play the next-generation version of NBA 2K21. The PlayStation 5 console will be available on
**Based on 2K’s suggested retail price. Actual retail price may vary. See local retailer for info.
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes global interactive entertainment for console and handheld gaming systems, personal computers and mobile devices, with product availability including physical retail and digital download. The Company is home to many talented development studios, including
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "potential," "predicts," "projects," "seeks," “should,” "will," or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company's future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: the uncertainty of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and measures taken in response thereto; the effect that measures taken to mitigate the COVID-19 pandemic have on our operations, including our ability to timely deliver our titles and other products, and on the operations of our counterparties, including retailers and distributors; the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on consumer demand and the discretionary spending patterns of our customers; the impact of reductions in interest rates by the
Other important factors and information are contained in the Company's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K, including the risks summarized in the section entitled "Risk Factors," the Company’s most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, and the Company's other periodic filings with the
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201110005196/en/
Source: Take-Two Interactive