Anyone, Anywhere: NBA® 2K22 Now Available Worldwide
Jump into NBA 2K22 today to experience gameplay enhancements, all-new basketball community experiences in The City* and Neighborhood, expanded Seasons content, and much more
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210910005066/en/
2K is excited to announce that NBA® 2K22, the next iteration of the top-rated NBA video game simulation series of the past 20 years**, is now available on both current- and new-generation platforms worldwide. With its release, NBA 2K22 offers best-in-class visual presentation and player AI, historic teams, and a wide variety of basketball experiences with online community features and deep, varied game modes. (Photo: Business Wire)
“Basketball continues to see rapid growth all over the world, both through the rising popularity of the NBA and the virtual world experienced in our game, so this year we’re celebrating the true globalization of the franchise,” said
NBA 2K22 features several new additions and improvements, where veteran ballers and new players alike will find a variety of basketball experiences to dive into:
- Step Up Your Game - New tactical offense meets an overhauled defense for a more competitive and immersive NBA 2K22. Add skill-based dribbling, shooting, dunking, and alley-oops to your bag of moves, and counter them with ferocious new blocks and contests on the other end of the court;
Your Journey, Your City* - MyCAREER and an all-new City become one in a groundbreaking NBA 2K22 experience for PlayStation®5 (PS5™) and Xbox Series X|S consoles. Embark on your personal journey to the pros – and a sprawling MyCAREER life – ALL within the City. Forge your own path in college, the
NBA G League, or even by jumping straight to the NBA. Be a pro off the court by growing your personal brand in the music industry, fashion world, and more. And of course, ball out against the best and fiercest MyPLAYERs in the most vibrant and competitive basketball community in the world;
- All Aboard the Cruise - Set sail for the high seas in NBA 2K22 in the all-new Neighborhood, developed for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. Explore each level of the ship that is designed to offer various basketball activities, create your perfect MyPLAYER, level up for rewards, and express yourself through both your game and your style;
- Your Dream Team - Collect, craft, and hoop in the ultimate NBA fantasy competition: NBA 2K22 MyTEAM. Build your dream lineup of NBA stars and legends across any era, and explore game-changing evolutions to the MyTEAM experience, with each addition introduced Season after Season;
- New Seasons, New Discoveries - Every Season brings fresh opportunities to reap new rewards. Whether in MyTEAM, MyCAREER, or The W, compete against the best and discover what amazing rewards each new Season has in store;
First Fridays - New songs will be added to the soundtrack on every Friday throughout the Season. All-new partnerships with some of the most notable music labels in the world;
Columbia Records, Def Jam Recordings, Low Profile/Casual Records, Ninja Tune, and Warner Recordswill offer music from both up-and-coming artists and world-renowned musicians.
Global phenomenon and two-time NBA All-Star,
A trio of the NBA’s most impactful big men –
2K is a publishing label of
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
* NBA 2K22 is available on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC platforms. PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S required to play the new-generation version of NBA 2K22.
** According to 2008 - 2021 Metacritic.com
*** Based on 2K’s suggested retail price. Actual retail price may vary. See local store for info.
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes global interactive entertainment for console and handheld gaming systems, personal computers, and mobile devices, with product availability including physical retail and digital download. The Company is home to many talented development studios, including
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "potential," "predicts," "projects," "seeks," “should,” "will," or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company's future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: the uncertainty of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and measures taken in response thereto; the effect that measures taken to mitigate the COVID-19 pandemic have on our operations, including our ability to timely deliver our titles and other products, and on the operations of our counterparties, including retailers and distributors; the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on both consumer demand and the discretionary spending patterns of our customers as the situation with the pandemic continues to evolve; the risks of conducting business internationally; the impact of reductions in interest rates by the
Other important factors and information are contained in the Company's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K, including the risks summarized in the section entitled "Risk Factors," the Company’s most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, and the Company's other periodic filings with the
Source: Take-Two Interactive